Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sculpting - Towards Success ~

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Sculpting - Towards Success ~

It was Monday 14Th June '09 , at 12:00 p.m luckily I woke a little early then usual ( my class starts at 1:00 p.m ). With loads of ease and relaxant in my every act I left bed and focused my eyes on television. At 12:30 I started my break fast and at 12:45 p.m I hurriedly left my home for my class. At 1:10 I reach there and I got hooked as entrance room was opened but the main room was locked and there was no sign of Sir. Saleem. I passed the stair cases from 3rd floor to ground and ask the receptionist where Sir. Saleem was, as on 2Nd floor nobody knew where he was. God ! Receptionist told me to wait there only. This time I avoided stair case and choose the lift after all lifts are to be used. No? After few minutes Bisma ( my only colleague ) came and guess what? she had keys. We speedily place our things and rushed to make clay ready for modeling. There came our teacher with a good news that clay is just to be soften we don't need it to make more harder. Sir Saleem told us to make a slap of 6x6 and of 1 cm ( a cube again ). After 1.5 hrs it was of this shape.



After this Sir. Saleem told us not to get worried about the perfect shape. We will make it perfect with a scrubber and a scale. But before that we need to make the clay a little softer to avoid scratches and all. We sprayed water with help of spraying bottle and it was like this;


I shaped my slap with a scale and a scrubber firstly from the sides then by the surface. And it turned out like this;


And like this;


Our next step was to draw leaves on the slap with help of pencil first then by pointing tools. I choose to make two leaves over lapping one another. And for that Sir Saleem explained me how to make such. According to him, we need to make the bottom leaf first and then to make the top one avoiding tools as modeling will be done only. So I draw something like this with pencil first;

Then I choose a surgical tool placed on a left corner of the rooms and started shaping my leaves which turned out like this;

After making the outer shape I started making the centre line and decided to make the inner side of the leaf on the bottom one.


While on the other hand I chose upper one to be outer side and a crumpled shape at the end with a little turn showing inner side and with that we had to pack up as it was 3:30 p.m ( 30 minutes above our class ). So we sprayed water placed a wet cloth and a plastic sheet ( thick one exclusive for this clay work only ) and with that all three of us ( me , Bisma , Sir Saleem ) left the room.

Today at 11:50 p.m ( how early I wake up hehehe ). I left home at 12:45 p.m again :( awful of me and reach there at 1:12 p.m. Bisma was already there making her second leaf while I was left with both. She came before me I guess 45 minutes before and I had to complete the task with in my time. So i took of the plastic sheet and the cloth and sprayed the clay and my slap with water for clay to be soften;


I with coils of clay, made the bottom leaf's border and it was something like this;

I made the bottom leaf with a little depth in the middle so the detailing can work well and it was like this;

We make coils like this placing little quantity between the surface and our palm and move it a little and it splurge like this;

.

.

.

And finally it turned out something to be like this.. Ahh.. After two days of hard work and patience this was the resultant ;


Here are different poses of my first project. I am so very happy for this. Cant even express how happy I am;



-illusiOn~

(I am so very happy after making my first project will be working on POT making again with modeling only. Keep on waiting..)

14 blogger feels ..:

HR-Designs

wow... i can see the progress...

:)

keep it up!!!

roshwrites

Wow! You're doing great :D Wish I could do that but I hate getting my hands dirty :O
:)

Maverick

Its beautiful.......as I alreqady told u....nd ur winning admirers as I guessed.......soon ull hav all dat u want! :)

tc! luvd dis one!

Arv

kewl stuff... i can see the progress... keep em coming...

PULKIT

following ur page from now on insiya!
:)
ur doing a great job!!

regards
PULKIT
(http://19goes20.blogspot.com)

Anonymous

nice !! it really looks fun !!


c here : http://creatingnewblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/red-carpet-awards-for-all.html

I Zaydi

HR-Designs!

You can na.. ? Thank you so much for that and yes I love you.. ;)

I Zaydi

Roshwrites

Hey preety girl.. Ty for liking it ..
yes I know dirt is what most people hate about sculpturing but trust me girl its an amazing experiance..

I Zaydi

Maverick..

Comment I have been waiting for.. :) Ty for liking it and yes.. I am sure too I will succeed soon..

Lov you

I Zaydi


Arv..


Ty ty.. keep visiting..

I Zaydi

PULKIT

Firstly Thank you for joining I mean following me secondly ty for liking my work..

I Zaydi

PRETTY

Muwah my janu friend ty ty ty ty ty for so much love..

mysterious gal

i checked this post yest but then my blogger acted up so cdnt comment....but i love ur sculpting design in the end and the progress was beautiful :)

Anonymous

illusionsandwords.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Distributed by Deluxe Templates